Wednesday, October 26

Williams takes CSG Concerns to the Parliament

LOCAL concerns about the prospect of Coal Seam Gas drilling in the Manning and Hastings Valleys was raised in State Parliament by the Member for Port Macquarie, Leslie Williams.

“Soon after being elected, I was contacted by and met with members of the Camden Haven Anti-Fracking Group and have subsequently written to all of their members to keep them informed about Coal Seam Gas issues.

“Imagine my surprise when I read in the Manning River Times that according to a group called the Manning Alliance, I had been “absent from the community debate on the issue.” So being the person that I am, I picked up the phone and called one of the members of this group and then travelled to Taree to meet with them.


Camden Haven Courier

No comments:

Post a Comment